- Additional Requirements
- PHP Version 7.2
PHP Memory Limit 64MB
PHP Database Extension PDO
Curl with SSL
GD2 Image Library
MySQL Version 5.2.0
Ioncube Loaders 10.2.0 or later
New PayPal® Payment GatewaysThe new PayPal Payments payment gateway module allows merchants to process and store payment methods using PayPal's latest secure tokenization system, including the advanced security of merchant-level vaulting with PayPal Vault for supported merchants.
Currently, PayPal only enables vaulting for merchants in the US, Canada, the UK, Italy, France, and Spain. Support is coming soon for additional EU markets.
When you use PayPal Payments, clients can make one-click payments using PayPal Smart Buttons during checkout and on invoices.
- Enable the additional PayPal Card Payments module to display a separate unbranded option to accept credit and debit cards.
- Both modules use the PayPal Payments module's configured PayPal account information for a seamless experience.
On-Demand RenewalsOn-Demand Renewals now allow early renewals for product addons. When you enable on-demand renewals, clients can renew services in the Client Area before WHMCS generates their next invoice, with no manual action from your staff.
- You can configure on-demand renewals globally in the Ordering tab at Configuration () > System Settings > General Settings.
- You can configure on-demand renewals for individual product addons in the Pricing tab at Configuration () > System Settings > Product Addons.
On-Demand Renewal Product SettingsWe have moved the product-specific On-Demand Renewals settings at Configuration () > System Settings > Products/Services from the Other tab to the Pricing tab.
Show on Order Form StatePayment gateway modules now support a VisibleDefault metadata parameter that defines the default Show on Order Form setting. This parameter defaults to true for all payment gateway modules.
Improved Invoice ID IncrementationTo improve how WHMCS handles incrementing invoice ID numbers, we have updated the following settings in the Invoices tab at Configuration () > System Settings > General Settings:
- Invoice # Incrementation now has a maximum value of 999.
- Invoice Starting # now has a maximum value of 499,999,999.
- The maximum invoice ID number that the system can generate has increased from 2,147,483,647 to 4,294,967,295.
Deprecation and Removal NoticesNone
TemplatesFor a list of changed files and a graphical view of the exact changes, see the GitHub™ repositories below.
Twenty-One ThemeThe following link provides a comparison of changes between 8.8.0 and 8.9.0:
Comparing v8.8.0-release.1...v8.9.0-beta.1 · WHMCS/templates-twenty-one
Six ThemeThe following link provides a comparison of changes between 8.8.0 and 8.9.0:
Comparing v8.8.0-release.1...v8.9.0-beta.1 · WHMCS/templates-six
Standard Cart Order FormThe following link provides a comparison of changes between 8.8.0 and 8.9.0:
Comparing v8.8.0-release.1...v8.9.0-beta.1 · WHMCS/orderforms-standard_cart